Friday, March 26, 2010

Day One

Matthew is gone again, on an exercise for the next eight days. Well, I guess there are only seven days left, since today is just about over.

Today we:
~baked chocolate cupcakes and a double batch of granola bars
~met with the realtor, RoseMary, to see if there was anything in our application to keep us from being able to rent a house (there wasn't. Quite the contrary, in fact.)
~went to the park for a while
~did some basic cleaning: filled the water filter, did a load of dishes, handwashed some stuff I keep not washing, did some laundry, picked up the toys before the boys went to bed
~I did our tax return, finally
~got the stuff out to make the placemats I'm intending to have done by Easter. I started to actually cut them out, but Someone woke up right as I was starting, and now I'm debating if I want to do any more tonight or not

I am so tired, and so worn out. It feels like I was in the sun too long today, and, yeah, it was warm when we were at the park, but I didn't think it was that bad. It was partly cloudy, kinda breezy, really nice weather. Maybe I'm just tired because I woke up four times last night, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 don't take naps anymore. Quiet time is only mildly successful.

All in all, it was a great day, even with Matthew being gone. I tried keeping him company while he packed last night, but ended up falling asleep on the couch at around 10. I could tell I was about ready to fall asleep, and I was really trying to stay awake, but I just completely crashed. I've fallen asleep on the couch three times this week, although last night was the earliest it's happened. The other two times were trying to get Nikolai to stop screaming and fall asleep. I think there's something else I'm eating that he doesn't like, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is. Matthew thinks he's just being a baby, but I think if it was colic or whatever, he'd do it more consistently. Some days he doesn't cry at all, and sleeps wonderfully day and night, other days, he'll scream until he passes out from exhaustion at about 2 in the morning, and then will sleep for ten hours, only waking up once or twice to eat. Matthew doesn't think it's something I'm eating because on the screaming nights, if he holds him, he'll settle down. I don't know, it's just exhausting and wearing me out. It's almost 10 now, and all of the boys are (finally!) asleep. Maybe I should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment