Friday, September 9, 2011

Today Was A Very Pumpkin-y Day!




Today was Friday Dessert Day. And since it's September, and September means Fall, and Fall means Pumpkins, and Pumpkins mean Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting, that's what we made! :) Recipe I found last year and fell completely in love with here: http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2009/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-cinnamon-brown-sugar-buttercream/

Colin, at another point today, found some orange fabric in my fabric stash that I'd gotten down a couple nights ago. He pulled it out and said, "Mom! Let's make pumpkins!" My first thought was a resounding NO for many reasons, but I said yes, and it was actually pretty fun. I thought over a couple different possible designs, then started looking online for an actual pattern. I found one that was actually really simple- and made one for each kid!


I used this pattern http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/10/garden-fresh-fabric-tomatoes.html as the basis, made them a little bigger (I traced my biggest mixing bowl), and then changed the top to make them pumpkins instead of tomatoes. Colin, Brennan, and Kailey all traced the bowl for theirs mostly on their own, then I cut them out, and did the sewing, and they stuffed them. They also chose the fabric to be right side out or inside out, and chose the color for the tops. All three of them wanted theirs the same, leaves out with the green top. Bella's I made leaves out with a brown top, and then Nick's is the one plain side out with a brown top. Aren't they so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment